Most innovative website
Prior to its website redesign, Quanex Building Products had one basic corporate site that was primarily used for investor relations. Each business unit under Quanex, including Mikron Industries, Truseal Technologies, Homeshield and Nichols Aluminum, maintained their own sites. All of the sites had a different look and feel. The challenge was to create a consolidated Quanex.com that spoke to a variety of target audiences,strengthened the Quanex brand name, and was flexible enough to meet the varying needs of the Quanex business units, company officials explain.
Quanex launched a unified website in 2011. The Phase 1 launch included a reorganized site structure that accommodated a wide array of content in a logical way; a professional brand site design; and continuously updated slider on the home page where products, services, news articles and industry highlightsare featured. According to Quanex representatives, the following objectives were met with the initial launch:
- An improved, easy-to-navigate site: the site now has 46 percent returning site visitors, versus 28 percent before the redesign
- A site as a marketing tool: Quanex has doubled the site engagement, with visitors now staying on the site for an average of 4 minutes
- Opportunities to cross-sell: The new products landing page now presents visitors with a view of all six product lines
- The site went from zero cross-marketing to an average of 2 percent of visitors using the sidebar to view related content
- A third of site visitors use the resource areas
- Revamped messaging around customer service promotes the brand’s core value proposition. Since the launch, unique website visits have increased by 520 percent—from 3,200 visits per month to 16,700 visits per month—according to Quanex officials.
Quanex is working on a Phase 2 launch that will continue to drive more traffic to the site, it reports.