Every so often, I do a blog that briefly hits on various topics, and since it’s been awhile, I figure it’s time to catch up on some of the happenings in the world of glass, glazing and more. So buckle up, here it goes…
- My heart goes out to everyone in Oklahoma after the brutal weather/tornadoes that passed through on Monday. Thoughts and prayers to all. Stay strong OKC, Moore and all the areas affected.
- Who’s going to the AIA show this year? We’re a month away; my curiosity is centered on how attendance will be in a city like Denver vs. last year in D.C.
- The drawings for the new Viking Stadium are out, and it looks to be an amazing structure. I love the use of glass!
- Between my interview with Avi Bar and my article on Bowie Neumayer, the feedback has been off-the-charts awesome. So, I decided to crank out some more interviews and have two lined up for the next few weeks that I think you will really like. And my next one for Glass Magazine is going to be fun too!
- In case you missed it, Guardian posted a very cool pre-GPD interview with Scott Thomsen. Being an ex-TV guy (who misses the business), I thought the way the graphics were edited really made this piece stand out. If you want to check it out, it’s my video of the week.
- As a marketing guy, I am jealous of the new ad that Kawneer put out in the latest Glass Magazine: creative and sharp. Great job and well done.
- I know I noted it a few weeks ago, but I think it might have been heavily overshadowed by the Avi Bar interview: Please check out the Efficient Window Collaborative’s website. It’s a tremendous resource.
- Hey, wow! Gas prices are up (at all stations) because a single refinery had issues of some sort. Love that the oil industry can collude and price fix, and yet no one really cares. Where are the ambulance chasers that harass innocent people in our industry to go take on big oil?
- GlassBuild America registration is opening soon, and it will be here before you know it. The show will be great this year; tons of momentum for it.
- Happy Memorial Day to all, and especially to those who served. The words “courage” and “hero” sometimes get thrown around a little too loosely (by me too), but should really be dedicated to the men and women of the military who truly deserve those distinctions!
- Last item: a sincere thank you. I am grateful for the support you show me and this blog. I appreciate everyone who reads here, whether you like me or the blog, or not! I still can’t believe I started this in 2005. Feels like yesterday.
The author is founder of Sole Source Consultants, a consulting firm for the building products industry that specializes in marketing, branding, communication strategy and overall reputation management, as well as website and social media, and codes and specifications. E-mail him atMaxP@SoleSourceConsultants.com.
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual author and do not necessarily reflect those of the National Glass Association, Glass Magazine editors, or other glassblog contributors.