Research and technology, technical committees meet on second day of NFRC Summer Meeting
The second day of the National Fenestration Rating Council’s Summer Meeting, July 29, in Chicago, had two blocks of meetings on the agenda: Research and technology and technical.
The Research and Technology Committee block kicked off with the Research Subcommittee meeting.
Subcommittee Chair Bipin Shah, president, WinBuild Inc., Fairfax, Va., and NFRC’s Technical Services Manager Ray McGowan gave an overview of NFRC’s research budget and a status report of active projects.
The NFRC, Greenbelt, Md., currently has six ongoing research projects.
- WINDOW 6/THERM 6 validation research
- Non-standard products for CMA methodology
- Complex product visible transmittance ratings
- Spectral weighting function revision research
- Condensation resistance procedure for CMA
- U-factor for tubular daylighting devices.
Project monitoring task group chairs for each of the ongoing research projects provided status updates.
In the Technical Committee block, the following sub-committees met: Air Leakage, U-Factor, Solar Heat Gain, Condensation Resistance, Software, Annual Energy Performance and Thermal Comfort.