The upcoming NGA Glass Conference: February 2021, held Tuesday, Feb. 9, on Zoom, offers education and networking opportunities for glass and glazing industry professionals. Education sessions are AIA-accredited, offering unique learning opportunities specifically for architects.
Here are 4 reasons architects do not want to miss this event.
1. Education for Architects
The conference features Education for Architects, offering up to 2.5 hours of AIA LUs, including 1.5 hours HSW credit, as part of this day-long glass-focused conference.
2. Glazing Design for GSA Building Requirements
Lance Davis, AIA, LEED Fellow, Sustainability Architect for the General Services Administration– one of the largest commercial real estate lessors nationwide—shares unique perspective on the GSA’s glass and glazing requirements, including applications for bird-friendly, protective glazing, security glazing, energy and daylighting. The GSA owns and leases over 376.9 million square feet of space in 9,600 buildings in more than 2,200 communities nationwide.
- Interpret P100, Facilities Standard for the Public Service, and how it's applied to design and construction
- Examine sustainable policy through federal legislation, executive orders and GSA policy
- Discuss glass and glazing specifically as they relate to the P100 standard and sustainability policy
- Explore the direction of sustainability at the GSA and the next version of P100
3. In-Depth Technical & Code Review
Have codes and standards questions? Use this opportunity to ask hard questions and ponder the next six to 12 months of your R&D and sales tactics. Get the facts, see future projections and learn the obstacles that impact glass and glazing, including recent updates to fire, safety and structural building codes.
- Understand recent updates to commercial and residential energy and green building codes
- Understand recent updates to fire, safety and structural building codes
- List recent updates to the glass and glazing standards that affect the industry
- Describe how the codes affect fenestration and glazing products
4. Registration is Free
The NGA Glass Conference is free for architects. Select the Non-Member Individual registration category and enter discount code ARCHGCF prior to check out to receive complimentary registration. This free registration is being offered exclusively for architects only; subject to verification.