President Trump signed into law the $2 trillion stimulus package, which was approved by the U.S. House of Representatives on Friday, March 27, as reported in the New York Times. The measure was approved unanimously by the Senate last Wednesday.
The stimulus package includes the following relief measures amid the COVID-19 pandemic, according to reporting:
- $377 billion federally guaranteed loans to small business
- $500 billion in a lending program for economically distressed companies
- $250 billion in expanded unemployment aid
- $100 billion for hospitals and related health systems
- $1,200 payments to millions of Americans
- An additional 13 weeks of benefits for the unemployed