Registration Open for FGIA Virtual Western Region Summit
Registration is open for the Fenestration and Glazing Industry Alliance Western Region Virtual Summit, to be held on May 9. The one-day event will feature regional-focused topics, including Energy Star 7.0, the California Energy Code’s efforts regarding the decarbonization of buildings, Washington State’s plans to reduce PFAS in consumer products, and the latest in codes for the region.
“In just one day, you’ll get the latest information and insight about topics of the most interest to those who engage with the Western Region,” says FGIA Western Region President Mark Mikkelson. “Conveniently connect with expert speakers addressing timely industry topics through our FGIA Western Region Virtual Summit.”
The following sessions are scheduled for the Virtual Summit:
- An ENERGY STAR 7.0 update with FGIA Western Region President Mark Mikkelson, director, Corporate Regulatory Affairs, Andersen, and FGIA U.S. Technical Operations Director Kathy Krafka Harkema.
- “California Energy Code | Decarbonization of Buildings” with Christopher Olvera, supervisor, Outreach & Education Unit, Building Standards Office, California Energy Commission.
- A Western Region code roundup with Krafka Harkema.
- “PFAS Reductions in Consumer Products in Washington State” with Cheryl Niemi, Department of Ecology, State of Washington.
- “Industry Trends | Insulating Glass, Smart Glass Technology, Shading Devices,” with Robert Hart and Luis Fernandez, Windows & Envelope Materials Group, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
Companies are invited to register an unlimited number of employees for $149. Individual registration is also available for $99.